C.R.A.P.
| http://paper-leaf.com/blog/2012/10/principles-of-design-quick-reference-poster/
Recently in class we designed the principals of design also known as C.R.A.P. an acronym for contrast, repetition, alignment and proximity. To better understand these principals if have done some research of various websites.
Check out more about their thoughts on C.R.A.P. design on the website, http://www.thinkaroundcorners.com/2011/10/c-r-a-p-principles-design/
|
| http://www.lbrainerd.com/courses/c-r-a-p-design
Here are some examples of C.R.A.P. Design,
|
| http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8122/8683805690_520fdfc68d_o.jpg |
Menus are a great example of C.R.A.P. as you can see they display all 4 principles.
I was able to use these principles in creating my newsletter and two page spread. While I like things to be very minimal and simple I use contrast by using black and white with a pop of color. I use repetition by simply using fonts and font size. I keep alignment through spacing and proximity in keeping relevant items together.
To learn how to apply these design principles to web design check out this awesome series on youtube,
No comments:
Post a Comment